In this article we will talk how to Fix a stuck iOS update that is supposed to restart the download. It is recommended to keep device software up-to-date on each device to ensure optimal stability and performance. Software updates can be downloaded and installed automatically (over-the-air) or manually via iTunes. The latest version of iOS for iPhone and iPad is iOS 13 (beta), which was officially made available to the public in recent days. Although it is only a beta version, many people have chosen to touch and explore the latest iOS platform.
But not everyone who did the upgrade had a positive outcome. In fact, according to initial reports, some iPhones and iPads are crashing when trying to use the beta version of iOS 13, which requires downloading and restarting the update. If you are among those who have faced the same problem, this post might help you.
Read on to learn what to do if the iOS 13 update resume download for your iPhone or iPad crashes or you get a required update error. For smartphone owners who found our site while looking for a solution, try to see if yours is phone One of the devices we support. If so, visit the troubleshooting page for that device, browse it for problems similar to yours, and feel free to use our workarounds and solutions. Below, we have mentioned the steps to fix a stuck iOS update that says resume download.
How to Fix a stuck iOS update that is supposed to restart the download
Force exit the Settings app
- The first solution is to force exit the Settings app. For this, swipe up On an iPhone with Face ID, press and hold from the bottom of the screen. An iPhone Home button, press it twice quickly. Next, pull down the Settings app tab up Force close.
- After a few seconds, re-open the app and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Check your Wi-Fi connection and restart the router
- Make sure you have fast, reliable Wi-Fi. Restart the Wi-Fi router, this will improve the connection and make it easier to download iOS 16.
- Additionally, make sure you have disabled any VPN on your iPhone (if enabled). If none of these help, try connecting your iPhone to a different Wi-Fi network. This will most likely start a new iOS download.
Restart your iPhone
- Another workaround to fix the iOS update stuck on the update requested screen is to restart the iPhone. This will refresh things to help you start downloading iOS 16. So, turn off the iPhone and turn it on again after a minute.
Delete the iOS file if it appears
- Open iPhone Settings and tap on General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and if you see any file named iOS 16, tap on it.
- On the next screen, tap Uninstall update.
- Next, restart your iPhone and follow the steps to download iOS 16 again.
Free space on your iPhone
- If your iPhone doesn’t have enough space, the whole update process won’t work properly. To fix this, delete some unnecessary apps, photos, videos, music and files and free up six-seven gigabytes of storage. If you need detailed instructions, learn how to Free space on your iPhone.
Reset network settings
When none of the above solutions work, reset the network settings. This will remove all custom settings related to carrier and Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings and tap on General.
- Tap Transfer or Restore iPhone.
- Tap Reset → Reset network settings and continue.
- Once this is done, try downloading the update again. It will work.
We hope you like our article Fix a stuck iOS update that is supposed to restart the download. Any of these solutions can help you resume downloading and installing an iOS update. If none of these suggestions work, you should try a DFU restore to completely wipe and reinstall all iPhone software and firmware. However, this step will erase all data, so make sure to have a backup first.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix Stuck iOS Update That Says Resume Download; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix Stuck iOS Update That Says Resume Download in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix Stuck iOS Update That Says Resume Download, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Fix Stuck iOS Update That Says Resume Download
I hope you like the guide How to Fix Stuck iOS Update That Says Resume Download. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Fix #Stuck #iOS #Update #Resume #Download