In this article we will talk how to Enable Auto Lock in Windows 11. As a security measure, you can lock your Windows computer after a period of inactivity so that no one can access it while you’re away—and you can only access it after entering your password. You can do this with GPEDIT, REGEDIT, Dynamic Lock, Screensaver Settings or a free tool.
When you are away from your computer, you should lock it so that others cannot access your computer and its data. Of course, you can manually lock your Windows 10 PC by pressing Windows Key + L or Ctrl + Alt + Del key combination. But sometimes you forget to do it. The great thing is that you can automatically lock Windows 10 after a period of inactivity. There are a few ways you can set this up up. Below are the steps to enable Auto Lock in Windows 11.
How to Enable auto lock on Windows 11 PC for all users after inactivity
Automatically lock Windows 10 PC after inactivity using GPO
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard combination to open the Run command. Type secpol.msc and press Enter.
- Once the Local Security Policy opens, expand Local Policies -> Security Options. In the right pane, double-click the “Interactive Login: Machine Idle Limit” policy.
- Now you can set the desired idle time range, which can range from 0 to 599940 seconds. If the machine is locked after being set to zero, the policy is turned off and your PC will not be locked after any inactivity.
- Save your changes and reboot. It automatically locks when your computer is idle for a certain idle limit and requires you to enter your password to unlock it.
Automatically lock Windows 10 PC after inactivity using Registry Editor
- Open Registry Editor. Copy and paste the following path into the address bar, then press Enter.
- In the right pane, look for the 32-bit DWORD InactivityTimeoutSecs and double-click it to change it. If it doesn’t exist, you need to create it.
- In the popup dialog, select a decimal and enter the idle time before Windows 10 locks the screen. For example, if you want Windows to automatically lock after 15 minutes of inactivity, set the value to 900.
- Close Registry Editor and restart your computer.
We hope you like our article on how to enable auto lock in Windows 11. With Windows 11 and 10’s default configuration, the lock screen turns off after 60 seconds of inactivity. When you try to access your PC desktop, you must enter the password for your user account. If you’re using Windows 11, you’ll need to go through the Settings app or Control Panel to increase the lock screen time. However, the time cannot be reduced from 60 seconds to a few seconds in the Control Panel or Settings app.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Turn On Auto Lock in Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Turn On Auto Lock in Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Turn On Auto Lock in Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Turn On Auto Lock in Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Turn On Auto Lock in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Turn #Auto #Lock #Windows