In this article we will talk how to Stop OneDrive from starting automatically up In Windows 11. OneDrive is Microsoft’s cloud and backup storage that syncs your files across all devices and starts automatically every time a user logs into Windows. If you don’t always use OneDrive and want to disable this behavior, the following steps will show you how.
When you install OneDrive in Windows 11, the icon is automatically added to the taskbar. Right-click the OneDrive app icon on the taskbar and close it. However, the next time you sign back into Windows 11, the OneDrive app will automatically restart. When OneDrive is installed in Windows 11, its icon is automatically added to the taskbar. To close the OneDrive app, right-click its icon on the taskbar. Below are the steps to stop OneDrive from starting automatically up In Windows 11.
How to Stop OneDrive from starting automatically up In Windows 11
Pause OneDrive sync
You can easily control OneDrive sync on PC. This is a temporary and quick fix for OneDrive service in Windows 11. If you want to pause OneDrive sync for a couple of hours, you can easily do so from the Windows 11 taskbar.
- Click the OneDrive icon on the Windows 11 taskbar.
- Click OneDrive Help & Settings.
- Select Pause Sync and click 2 hours, 8 hours, or 24 hours
Unlink the OneDrive account
If you no longer want to use OneDrive on a particular PC or Windows laptop, you can disconnect your Microsoft account from it. You’ll still be signed in to other Microsoft services like Office apps, Microsoft Store, but OneDrive will be disconnected from the PC. You can even manage multiple OneDrive accounts in Windows 11
- Select the OneDrive icon from the taskbar.
- Select Help & Settings.
- Go to settings.
- Under the Account menu, select Unlink this computer.
- Confirm your decision, OneDrive files will stop syncing. Locally available files stay on this device, only removes files online.
Uninstall Microsoft OneDrive
It is suitable for those who use OneDrive competitors on Windows. Now that Google has gotten its act together and released a drive for the desktop, Google One subscribers will want to try Windows 11. If so, you no longer need OneDrive in Windows 11. Uninstall the service using the below steps.
- Open the Windows Settings app
- Go to the Apps menu.
- App & Select Features.
- Scroll down to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Click the three-dot menu next to it and select Uninstall. You can easily uninstall Windows 11 apps
Disable OneDrive on Windows 11 Startup
OneDrive has a high energy impact during the Windows 11 startup process. If you no longer use OneDrive on Windows 11, it’s time to disable OneDrive on startup. Here’s how.
- Open the Windows Settings menu
- Select Applications from the left sidebar.
- Click on Start.
- Disable OneDrive from the following menu.
When you’re in the Start menu, check all the services that start automatically during Windows 11 startup. Adobe services, VPN and apps like Teams, Spotify, Slack have a habit of launching. up During login. It can also slow down your computer. Irrelevant and turn off speed up Login process.
Disable OneDrive from the Group Policy Editor
Microsoft allows you to disable the OneDrive service from the Group Policy Editor. Here’s what you need to do. You can easily open the Group Policy Editor in Windows 10 and follow the below 11 steps.
- Press the Windows key and type Group Policy.
- You will see an option to edit Group Policy, press Enter and open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Go through the following path.
- System Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > OneDrive
- Double-click Block the use of OneDrive for file storage.
- Select Enabled from Policy Settings.
- Click Apply and press OK button
- Now restart your Windows 11 PC
Users also have the option to disable OneDrive via the Registry Editor. But we don’t recommend going that route. A mistake can lead to confusion up Core Windows services.
We hope you enjoyed our article how to Stop OneDrive from starting automatically in Windows 11. Microsoft has come a long way since groove.exe. OneDrive is finally an enterprise-ready product and has become a trusted platform for working with, sharing and storing content with confidence. Organizations can now manage the content that users create and share, and users can now work with properly protected content. If you enjoyed our article, don’t forget to share it.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Stop OneDrive Automatically Starting up in Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Stop OneDrive Automatically Starting up in Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Stop OneDrive Automatically Starting up in Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Stop OneDrive Automatically Starting up in Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Stop OneDrive Automatically Starting up in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Stop #OneDrive #Automatically #Starting #Windows