In this article we will talk how to Run File Explorer as Administrator in Windows 10.There is no Microsoft-provided way to enable shell extensions that don’t work properly. So instead of always running all applications in the default User Account Control setting, you can permanently set User Account Control to the highest level, and instead temporarily run File Explorer in a separate process as an administrator and close it. However, running File Explorer as an administrator is not easy.
By default, it always runs with normal user permissions. If you want to run File Explorer with administrator privileges, you need to start it from the Explorer.exe file. When you open File Explorer in Windows 11, it opens with normal privileges by default. However, to perform some tasks with administrator privileges, you may need to run it with extended privileges. Below are 3 steps to run File Explorer as administrator in Windows 10.
How to Run File Explorer as Administrator in Windows 10
Run File Explorer as administrator via File Explorer
- Open This Computer by pressing Windows + E key, then navigate to C:Windows.
- Find and right-click on explorer.exe and then choose the Run as administrator option.
- Then run Windows 10 File Explorer as administrator.
Run File Explorer as Administrator via Task Manager
- Right-click the Windows icon on the desktop and click Task Manager from the elevated menu.
- In the Task Manager window, tap the Details tab, then locate and right-click explorer.exe. Then click on End task option.
- Click the File option at the top of the Task Manager window and click Run New Task to continue.
- In the prompt window, type explorer.exe /nouaccheck and highlight the Create this task with administrative privileges option. After that, click OK to save the changes.
- Then File Explorer will be restarted as administrator.
Open File Explorer as an administrator in a command prompt
- Run command prompt as administrator.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- From the search results, right-click Command Prompt and click Run as administrator.
- In the raised window, type the below command and press Enter to run it. This function opens explorer.exe in elevated mode.
- c:Windowsexplorer.exe /NOUACHCHECK
- Open Task Manager and go to Details tab.
- Right-click any column header and click Select Columns.
- Select the highlighted column and click OK. If you see a status of Yes under the raised column, it means that you have run File Explorer as an administrator.
I hope you understand this article, How to Run File Explorer as administrator in Windows 10. If your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section associated with this article. If your answer is yes, please share this article with your friends and family to show your support.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Run File Explorer As Admin on Windows 10; please read all steps above so that you understand Run File Explorer As Admin on Windows 10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Run File Explorer As Admin on Windows 10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Run File Explorer As Admin on Windows 10
I hope you like the guide Run File Explorer As Admin on Windows 10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Run #File #Explorer #Admin #Windows