In this article, we will talk about how to Reset Autoplay Settings in Windows 11. When you connect an external storage device to your Windows computer, the system displays a list of actions you can perform depending on the type of device connected to the computer. If autoplay settings are configured, the system will automatically perform the already defined action. Otherwise, a pop-up A window will be displayed and you will be asked to perform an action.
If you make a mistake during configuration by selecting the wrong Auto Play action for external media, you have the option to undo the changes or revert to the default configuration. AutoPlay settings in Windows allow users to choose different actions when devices are plugged in or connected to a Windows computer. By default, Windows 11 displays a pop-up.up A window asking you to select steps to perform when inserting media or connecting a new device. It works if you don’t change anything. Below are the steps to reset Autoplay settings in Windows 11.
How to Reset Autoplay Settings in Windows 11
- Open Settings, click “Bluetooth & Devices” in the sidebar, and select “Auto Play.”
- In the AutoPlay settings, you can configure how AutoPlay works or turn it off completely. To disable Auto Play, move the switch under “Use Auto Play for all media and devices” to “Off.”
- If you’re not interested in using AutoPlay, but want to change the way removable drives and memory cards are handled, find the “Choose automatic defaults” section with two drop-down menus.
- Click the menu under “Removable Drive” and you’ll see the following options (and others, depending on the programs you’ve installed).
- Configure storage settings (Settings): This will take you to the storage settings in the Windows Settings app.
- Take no action: This means that nothing AutoPlay-related happens when you insert the drive, but you can still see it in File Explorer as usual.
- Open folder to view files (File Explorer): This will automatically open your attached removable drive in a File Explorer window.
- Ask me all the time: A menu will appear asking how you want to operate the newly connected unit.
Choose the option you want. Below that, you’ll see a “Memory Card” drop-down menu. When you click on it, you’ll see these options (and more, depending on what apps you have installed):
- Import photos and videos (Photos): This will automatically copy and import photos and videos stored on the memory card to the Windows 11 Photos app library.
- Import photos and videos (OneDrive): This will copy photos and videos from the memory card to your OneDrive cloud storage space.
- Play (Windows Media Player): This will automatically play media files detected by Windows on the memory card in the Windows Media Player application.
- Take no action: Autoplay will not be enabled when you insert a memory card.
- Open folder to view files (File Explorer): This will display the files stored on the memory card in the File Explorer window.
- Ask me all the time: It asks how you want to handle the memory card every time you insert it.
- Choose the option that matches your personal preferences.
We hope you like our article on resetting autoplay settings in Windows 11. Windows AutoPlay is valuable features of the Windows operating system. For example, when you play a music CD for the first time, Autoplay feature If you have several such applications installed on your computer, it asks which media player you want to use. However, many users have reported that Autoplay is not working on their Windows PC.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Reset AutoPlay Settings on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Reset AutoPlay Settings on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Reset AutoPlay Settings on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Reset AutoPlay Settings on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Reset AutoPlay Settings on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Reset #AutoPlay #Settings #Windows