In this article we will talk how to Fix Windows 11 on Windows 11 with DISM tools. Deployment Image Service and Management DISM is an advanced built-in tool that can be used to prepare, modify, and repair system images from the command line. However, it can be used with System File Checker SFC to fix system problems.
Generally, when you fix a problem such as a performance problem, specific error, or startup problem, you can run the SFC tool to replace damaged or missing system files. However, if these files are also damaged, the repair will not work. In this case, you can use the DISM tool to restore the local image to a healthy state, and then use the SFC command to repair the system. Below are the steps to restore Windows 11 with DISM tools.
How to Repair Windows 11 with DISM tools
Repair Windows 11 with DISM using Windows Update
- Open Windows Terminal as administrator.
- To profile at the command prompt, type the following command and press Enter: dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- For PowerShell, issue the following command: Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth.
- Wait for the process to complete and close the Windows Terminal application.
- Finally, if you don’t have an Internet connection or your data plan is limited, you can dismuse the install.wim or install.esd file as a source of system files for the Windows Component Store. Here it is how to Do.
Repair Windows 11 with DISM using Install.wim
- Double-click your Windows 11 ISO file or connect your bootable USB stick.
- Note its drive letter, e.g. G:
- Open a new Windows Terminal as administrator and run the dism /get-wiminfo /wimfile:G:sourcesinstall.wim command. Replace the drive letter with the correct value and replace install.wim with install.esd if your media has an ESD file instead of WIM.
- In the output, find and note the Windows 11 version code that matches the OS you currently have installed.
- If your Windows Terminal is open to PowerShell, type Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth -Source “
:sourcesinstall.wim: ” Run the -LimitAccess command. And and replace with appropriate values.
- Alternatively, you can use the following command in both PowerShell and Command Prompt: dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:
- Wait for the process to complete.
We hope you like our article on repairing Windows 11 with DISM tools. If your Windows 11 shows Blue Screen of Death BSoD problems or behaves differently, you can usually fix the problem causing these errors without rebuilding your operating system. Windows comes with many pre-installed tools to help repair the operating system. In addition to troubleshooting built into the Settings utility, Windows also includes Deployment Image Service and Management (DISM) and System File Checker SFC tools, each of which perform a different check and attempt to automatically fix any errors in the operating system. .
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Repair Windows 11 with DISM Tools; please read all steps above so that you understand Repair Windows 11 with DISM Tools in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Repair Windows 11 with DISM Tools, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Repair Windows 11 with DISM Tools
I hope you like the guide Repair Windows 11 with DISM Tools. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Repair #Windows #DISM #Tools