This article is about how to Open the Local Users/Groups MMC snap-in on a Windows PC. To manage user accounts or groups in Windows 11/10, you need to open the Microsoft Management Console Local Users and Groups snap-in. It allows you to manage user accounts or groups such as create/delete user accounts, disable user account, reset user password, enable built-in administrator account, prevent user from changing login password.
Before proceeding with further suggested steps, please note that the Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in is not part of Windows 11/10. Home Edition. Access Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in in Windows 11/10 Home version, you must first run the local user and group management console on Windows 11/10 Home Edition.
However, management of local users and groups is not available in Windows Home Operating system version. However, they are not visible to a normal user and are mainly used to login in the background and configure authentications. Below are the steps to open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows 11/10.
How to Open the Local Users and Groups MMC snap-in in Windows
Using a system management application
- Open the WinX menu and select System Management.
- From the left navigation panel, select Local Users and Groups in the System Management (Local) expanded list.
- You will see two folders here:
- Expanding each one will give you the details you need.
Directly using lusrmgr.msc
To open the Local Users and Groups window, you need to activate its process called lusrmgr.msc, and you can do this in the following four ways.
Using the run box:
- Press Windows Key + R button Addition to your keyboard.
- Type lusrmgr.msc and press Enter.
- This will open the Local Users and Groups window.
Using the Windows Search box:
- Press Windows Key + S button Addition to your keyboard. This will launch the Windows Search box.
- Search for lusrmgr.msc and press Enter.
- The Local Users and Groups window will now open.
Using Windows Command Prompt:
- Open a Windows command prompt and run the following command:
- You will arrive at your destination window.
Using the Windows PowerShell command line:
- Open Windows PowerShell and run the following command:
- It will open in your target window.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Open the Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows 11/10. A module is a tool hosted in MMC. MMC provides a common framework for running multiple snap-ins, allowing you to manage multiple services using a single interface. MMC allows you to customize the console.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows PC; please read all steps above so that you understand Open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows PC
I hope you like the guide Open Local Users/Groups MMC Snap-in in Windows PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Open #Local #UsersGroups #MMC #Snapin #Windows