This article is about how to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC. Emojis are an active part of our regular online communication. Any active message ends with an emoji or is contained within a sentence. Emojis have improved the way and intensity with which we express emotions online, but they have also changed the need. words. At least a lot can be said.
Such a comprehensive area of digital linguistics must be built-in feature On any digital platform and device like this one! Microsoft Windows has its own emoji keyboard so that users can choose emojis from a Unicode list without the pain of scrolling through emoji-based pages to copy and paste emojis. You can get it across the operating system, regardless of the platform or app you’re using at the time. Below, we have mentioned ways to use emojis in Windows 11/10.
How to Use Emojis on a Windows PC
History of Emojis in Windows
Although emojis have been around in some form since the mid-90s, they weren’t very popular back then. With the evolution of smartphones, these iconic characters caught the attention of the then youth. Seeing this, Microsoft introduced the first black and white emojis with the release of Windows 8, and after a while, the company added the same to Windows 7, which was released along with updates to the OS. A wide range of full color emojis were introduced and received a large number of positive reactions from users. As of today, emojis have become a part of everyone’s daily text conversation whether on Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook or any other such platform.
How to Use emojis with keyboard shortcuts
A keyboard shortcut is a combination of two or more keys that are pressed simultaneously to trigger a pre-assigned event or action. A good example of a keyboard shortcut is ‘Ctrl + S’ which, when pressed, saves the document you are working on. When learning the process how to Using emoji in Windows 11 requires memorizing the shortcut keys to insert those icons without taking your hands off the keyboard.
Not only does this save you time, it also prevents you from having to open the Emojis keyboard, go through all the available icons, choose the one you’re looking for, click on it, and insert it into a document. Conversation. Still, it’s good to learn how to Launch Emojis Keyboard, the process is simple.
- Make sure your keyboard cursor is in an app that accepts text input. A good example is a text editor like MS Word or WordPad
- Press Windows +; (semicolon) or Windows + . (period) keys together to open the emojis keyboard
- Once the keyboard opens, you can click on any of the available emojis to insert it into your transition or text content.
As for shortcuts, depending on the type of expression you want to convey, there can be thousands of them. Here are some commonly used emojis and their global shortcut keys for both Windows 10 and Windows 11:
- : (colon) + ) (right brace) will make a smiley face
- : (colon) + ( (left brace) will make a sad face
- : (colon) + ; (Semi-dot) Makes a winking face
You can do a quick online search to get the full list of keyboard shortcuts and the emojis they generate.
How to Use emojis on a Windows PC with a touch keyboard
If you have a Microsoft Surface or any other device with Windows 11 installed that can accept inputs via the touch keyboard, you feature In the operating system, then use the touch keyboard to add emojis to your transition or content. You can follow the steps given below to enable touch keyboard and then learn how to Use Emojis in Windows 11 via Touch
- Right-click anywhere on the taskbar (Windows 11 is used for illustration here), then click Taskbar Settings
- Next, from the right side of the Settings window that opens, scroll down to the Taskbar Corner Icons section, then turn on the Touch Keyboard switch.
- Start an application that accepts text input, e.g., a text editor, chat application, etc. Click or tap the Touch Keyboard icon in the notification area in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Click or tap the Emojis icon in the upper-left corner of the touch keyboard that opens, then touch the emoji of your choice to add it to your text or conversation.
What’s new with emojis in Windows 11
In addition to learning how to Use emojis in Windows 10, it’s also important to know what’s new in them or the emojis panel in Windows 11, the latest operating system released by Microsoft this year, i.e. 2021. In Windows 11, you can start the emoji keyboard with the same shortcuts, that is, ‘Windows + . ‘ or ‘Windows + ;’ Keys As mentioned earlier, the emoji keyboard itself consists of four sections viz.
- Emojis – There are various emojis and smileys
- GIF – Gives you access to various animated GIFs from Tenor
- Emojis – Allows you to add ASCII characters for emojis.
- Symbols – Add important symbols to your text.
Apart from this, 2D Clippy Emoji has also been introduced with Windows 11 and can be found by launching the Emojis keyboard and typing ‘clippy’.
How to Get more emojis in Windows 11
If you don’t have your favorite expressions in the built-in emoji library, you can get more by following the steps below.
- Launch your favorite web browser in Windows 11 and then go
- Click on an emoji from the available options or copy one from your favorite portal and paste it in the Paste Emoji Here field
- Review the emoji in the message preview field and click Create from the Options section to create an emoji that can be sent as a message or image.
- Alternatively, click Copy from the Options section, then go to the text editor or any other portal where you want to use the emoji, press Ctrl + V to paste and insert the emoji seamlessly into your conversation or text.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Use Emojis in Windows 11/10 As our PCs continue to play an important role in our lives, using emoji in conversation brings personality and personal expression to our messages by allowing us to connect with each other. Emoji have become more common in various forms of communication where many of us work, learn and connect remotely and want to bring empathy and human connection to our conversations.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC
I hope you like the guide How to Use Emojis on Windows 11 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.