In this article we will talk how to Take a screenshot in Windows 11/10. Screenshots are very useful when you want to remember information that you cannot download. Whether you want to share a fun memory, an event itinerary, or the release details of a book you’re reading online with a friend, screenshots can help you save or download information. To take a screenshot on a smartphone you need to press two keys (power and volume) at the same time. However, on a personal computer, it requires several additional steps. Press Print Screen button (also known as PrtScn) to take a screenshot of the entire screen.
The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard, but not saved as a file. Next, save the image by pasting it into an image editing program like MS Paint. You can also configure the PrtScn key to launch the Snip & Sketch tool by selecting “Use print screen key to launch screen snipping” in Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard. Below, we have mentioned the steps to take screenshot in Windows 11/10.
How to Take Screenshot in Windows 11/10
The easiest way to save a copy of what is on your computer screen is to press the “Print Screen” key on your keyboard. It’s usually named “PrtScn” (or something very similar) and is located on the top row between or next to the function keys.
On some keyboards (esp laptops), you may need to bring up Print screen using a function key (others hold the words function key and then press PrtScn).
- Press PrtScn. This copies the entire screen to the clipboard. You can paste the screenshot into any program that displays images, such as Paint or Microsoft Word.
- Press Alt + PrtScn. This copies the active window to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program.
- Press Windows key + Shift + S. The screen will fade and the mouse pointer will change. Drag to select an area of the screen to capture. The screenshot will be copied to the clipboard, which you can paste into another program. (This shortcut only works if you have the latest version of Windows 10, called the Windows 10 Creators Update, installed.)
- Press Windows key + PrtScn. It saves the entire screen as an image file. You can find it in the “Images” folder, in a subfolder called “Screenshots”.
How to Take a screenshot in Windows 10 with the snipping tool
Microsoft includes a very flexible screen capture utility called Snipping Tool with Windows 10. Instead of pasting the screenshot into another program, you can take a screenshot using the snipping tool and save it as an image file.
- Launch Snipping Tool from the Start Menu.
- From the Mode drop-down list, select the desired screenshot format – you can choose any format from full screen to rectangular or freeform.
- Click New and your screen will freeze. You can create a screenshot using the mouse. A screenshot will appear in the Snipping Tool window.
- If you want to add a tooltip that only appears after a mouse movement, etc., you can use the delay menu to specify how long to wait before taking the screenshot.
- If you want, once you’ve taken your screenshot, you can use the drawing tools to annotate the screenshot.
- When you’re done, click “File” and then “Save As” to save the finished screenshot to your computer.
- You can also click copy button In the Snipping Tool window – it looks like two pages are superimposed to copy the image to your clipboard.
How to Take a screenshot in Windows 10 with Game Bar
The Game Bar is an overlay that can be used to take screenshots and record videos in most Windows games. Here it is how to Use this:
- Launch the game from the Start Menu or the Xbox Console Companion Program.
- While playing the game, press Windows key + G. The Game Bar overlay appears.
- Click on camera You can use the icon or keyboard shortcut to take a screenshot: Windows key + Alt + PrtScn.
- The screenshot is automatically saved in the “Videos” folder in the “Captures” subfolder.
- If you are playing the game on Steam, press F11 to take a screenshot. This will be added to your screenshots folder in Steam.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How To Take Screenshot On Windows 11/10; please read all steps above so that you understand How To Take Screenshot On Windows 11/10 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How To Take Screenshot On Windows 11/10, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How To Take Screenshot On Windows 11/10
I hope you like the guide How To Take Screenshot On Windows 11/10. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.