In this article we will talk how to Stop users from changing the default MS Office theme in Windows 11. If you are an administrator and want to prevent users from changing the default theme of Microsoft Office in the organization, you can do it in the following way. There are two ways to set a default theme for all computers in your organization. You can use Local Group Policy Editor or Registry Editor. By default, Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint use the Simple theme. However, there are several options that allow you to set an office theme.
In Windows 11, the Colors Settings page allows users to change the system color scheme, display accent colors on the Start, taskbar, action center, title bars, and frames, and disable transparency effects. This is a useful time feature There may be more than one reason to discourage users from changing color settings to customize the user experience. Below are steps to prevent users from changing the default MS Office theme in Windows 11.
How to Prevent users from changing the default MS Office theme in Windows 11
Prevent users from changing the default corporate office theme
- If you want to use the Local Group Policy Editor method, you need to download and install Administrative Templates for Office.
- Open the Local Group Policy Editor on your computer. To do that, press Win+R to open the Run dialog, type gpedit.msc and press Enter. button.
- Then, go through the following path:
- System Configuration > Administrative Templates > Microsoft Office 2016 > Global Options > Customize
- Double-click on the Default Office Theme setting and select the Enabled option.
- Then, expand the drop-down list and select a theme that you want to set for all your users. When done, click OK button Save the change.
- However, if you want to choose the default theme, you need to open the same setting in the local group policy editor and choose the unconfigured option.
Stop users from changing the default corporate theme of Microsoft Office
To prevent users from changing the default Enterprise Office theme using the registry, follow these steps:
- First, you need to open Registry Editor on your computer. For that, search for regedit in Taskbar search box, click on private search result and select Yes option in UAC prompt.
- Next, you need to go through the following path:
- However, if you can’t find the Office key, you’ll need to generate it manually. To do this, right-click on the Microsoft > New > key and name it Office. Then, you can follow the other steps as usual.
- Right-click on Office, select New > Key and name it 16.0. Then, right-click on 16.0 > New > Key and set the name to Generic.
- Next, you need to create a REG_DWORD value. For that, right click on General > New > DWORD (32-bit) value and name it Default ui theme.
- By default, it has a value data of 0. If you want to set a colorful theme, you should keep this value. However, if you want to set something else like dark gray,
- Black, or white, should change the value data accordingly. For that, set it to 3 for dark gray, 4 for black and 5 for white.
- When done, click OK button Restart your computer to save the change.
We hope you like our article Stop users from changing default MS Office theme in Windows 11. Windows themes are used to customize the interface of Windows. It changes colors, sounds, screensavers, pointers and desktop background for a user account. There are many themes that users can choose for their desktop. However, an administrator home Or you can disable settings to change themes using the default account in the company.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Stop Users from Changing Default MS Office Theme on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Stop Users from Changing Default MS Office Theme on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Stop Users from Changing Default MS Office Theme on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Stop Users from Changing Default MS Office Theme on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide How to Stop Users from Changing Default MS Office Theme on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Stop #Users #Changing #Default #Office #Theme #Windows