In this article we will talk how to Show hidden files on Mac. Your computer contains backend directories, libraries, and files that keep the operating system running smoothly. If you delete or move any of these files, something might go wrong. That’s why we advise you not to mess with these files unless you know what you’re doing. Windows users can find these files in File Explorer, where it’s easy to make changes and mistakes. Apple hides many of these files by default in macOS to prevent Mac users from doing the same. This means you don’t have to worry about wiping your computer, but it makes things a little more difficult when you need access.
You can view these hidden files through Finder on Mac or through your Mac’s Terminal application. There are a few reasons why these files might get messed up, such as moving program directories or debugging drivers, and you want to free them up. up For some hard drive space, there are other ways to do it. Below are the steps to create hidden files on Mac.
How to Show hidden files on Mac
How to Show hidden files in Finder on Mac
- Click the Finder application in your bottom toolbar If your computer name is not listed in the Finder sidebar, continue to the next step.
- Click Find on the top toolbar and select Options.
- In pop-up In the window, select the Sidebar tab and check the box next to your computer name.
- Go to Finder and select your computer name in the sidebar.
- Click Macintosh HD.
- Press Command + Shift + Period key. Hidden files will then appear, and some, if not all, will be grayed out.
- Repeat the keyboard shortcut to hide the files again.
How to Create hidden files on Mac using Terminal
You can only use Terminal to show or hide hidden folders on your Mac. It can also be used to hide specific files from malicious users who might have access to your computer. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open the terminal.
- Enter the following code in the terminal:
- chflags is hidden
- Drag the files or folders you want to hide into the Terminal window with the mouse. The file location will be displayed in the window.
- Press Enter to hide the files.
- If you want to show hidden files and folders on your Mac again, you can use the same procedure. To do this, type “chflags nohidden” instead of “chflags nohidden”.
We hope you like our article how to Show hidden files on Mac. There are many files and folders that cannot be found on your Mac. This includes files that are necessary for your computer to run and files that are hidden to prevent accidental deletion or modification. But if you need to view these hidden files to fix them or for any other reason, we can help.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Show hidden files on Mac; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Show hidden files on Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Show hidden files on Mac, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Show hidden files on Mac
I hope you like the guide How to Show hidden files on Mac. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Show #hidden #files #Mac