In this article, we will talk about how to Set up an Amazon Echo device with the Alexa app. If you have an Amazon Echo device but don’t know what to ask Alexa or how to Manage your device, the Alexa app iOS Opens in a new window or Android Opens in a new window and website Opens in a new window can help. With the app, you can change what to ask Alexa, change the wake word for your device, change your Alexa device name, and add or change your device’s location. Both the app and the website offer similar offers features Work with all models of Echo, Echo Dot and Echo Show.
Browse skills to see what you can ask Alexa. Skills on home The screen is based on Editor’s Picks, Recommended Skills, Premium Skills, Latest Skills, Trending Skills and more. Whether it’s your first time getting a new Amazon Echo device or you’ve had one for years, you can customize Amazon Echo to your liking, whether you use Alexa on iPhone, Android, or the web. Here are the best ways to manage your Amazon Echo device with the Alexa app. Below are 5 steps to manage Amazon Echo device through Alexa app.
How to Set up an Amazon Echo device with the Alexa app
Rename the Amazon Echo device
When you order an Echo device from Amazon, the company associates your Amazon account with the device and gives you a generic name like Barth Echo Dot. If you want to buy an Echo for someone else or change the name of the device, you can do it through the Alexa app.
- Open your Alexa app phone.
- Slide to the Devices menu.
- Select your Echo device.
- Tap the Settings gear in the top right corner.
- Select Edit Name.
- Give your Echo device a new name.
Change the word that the Echo device wakes up
Because of Alexa (Amazon’s voice assistant). heart On every Echo device, the default wake word is set to Alexa. Amazon offers other options to get Alexa’s attention.
- Open the Alexa app and go to the Echo device settings menu (see steps above).
- Scroll to General and find the Wake Word option.
- Together with Alexa, you can set Amazon, Computer, Echo or Ziggy as a wake word on your Echo device.
Change Alexa’s voice
If you’re not a fan of Alexa’s default female voice, you can try the new male voice.
- Launch the Alexa app and go to the Echo device settings menu.
- Scroll down and select Alexa’s voice.
- Tap button Next to new, check Alexa’s male voice sample.
Change the default music and podcast service on Amazon Echo
Your Echo device uses Amazon Music as its default music and podcast service. You can change it to Apple Music, Spotify, Tidal, Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio. First, you’ll need to connect Alexa to a music or podcast service account.
- Open Alexa on you phone Tap More in the bottom menu bar.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Music & Podcasts from the Alexa Preferences menu.
- Select New Service Connection.
- Select your preferred music or podcast service and tap Enable to use from the following menu.
- Alexa opens a login page on the web to complete authentication.
- After connecting the account, go to the Music & Podcasts menu and select Default Services.
- Tap Change next to Music or Podcasts and choose another service from the bottom menu.
Connect and manage Bluetooth devices on Amazon Echo
Alexa doesn’t support all music and podcast streaming services. If you want to play your playlist from YouTube Music or start a podcast from Pocket Casts, you’ll need to connect phone to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.
- Go to the Echo device settings menu in the Alexa app (first check trick above).
- Select Bluetooth devices.
- Tap Connect New Device button.
- It also enables Bluetooth on the Amazon Echo. You can connect now phone to Amazon Echo via Bluetooth.
- Your phone The connected devices will appear under the menu.
We hope you like our article how to Set up an Amazon Echo device with the Alexa app. Whether you have an Echo speaker or an Echo device with a screen, you can use one of Amazon’s excellent Alexa. features: Leave it in. Drop-in lets you connect one of your Echo devices instantly. There is no need for someone to answer the call, it just goes through the speaker. This is handy if you can’t reach your grandma and want to see or ask if she’s okay.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Setup Amazon Echo Device via Alexa app; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Setup Amazon Echo Device via Alexa app in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Setup Amazon Echo Device via Alexa app, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Setup Amazon Echo Device via Alexa app
I hope you like the guide How to Setup Amazon Echo Device via Alexa app. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Setup #Amazon #Echo #Device #Alexa #app