In this article we will talk how to Set the command prompt to Windows Terminal as default. Windows Terminal is a multi-tab terminal application for command line users. It is features Windows PowerShell, Command Prompt, and Azure Cloud Shell, among others, are simultaneously accessible in different tabs. Windows Terminal ensures access to different shell environments in a single window – a feature It was missing before. It is a powerful and efficient tool.
When you start Windows Terminal, Windows PowerShell opens by default. However, Windows Terminal supports many applications with a command line interface, including the venerable Command Prompt (CMD) Windows Terminal is an amazing application in Windows 11 that allows you to access a variety of command shells in one place. Below are the steps to make Command Prompt Default in Windows Terminal.
How to Set the command prompt to Windows Terminal as default
- To change the default profile in the Windows terminal at the command line, press WINDOWS+S to launch the ‘Search’ menu. Type ‘Windows Terminal’ in the text field and click on the corresponding search result to launch the application.
- In Windows Terminal, click the down arrow at the top and select ‘Settings’ from the list of options. Alternatively, press CTRL + to launch Terminal Settings.
- In Terminal settings, the ‘Startup’ tab is launched by default. Next, click on the ‘Default profile’ drop-down menu on the right.
- Now you will have three options to choose from, select ‘Command Prompt’.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ below to apply the changes.
- Your Windows 11 computer will now open Command Prompt instead of PowerShell every time you launch Windows Terminal. This will help you save time and open the command prompt on subsequent launches.
I hope you have understood this article how to Make Command Prompt the default in Windows 11 Terminal. If your answer is no, you can ask anything about this article contact forum. If your answer is yes, please support us by sharing this article with your friends and family.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal
I hope you like the guide How to Set Command Prompt as Default in Windows Terminal. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Set #Command #Prompt #Default #Windows #Terminal