In this article we will talk how to Schedule Dark Mode in Windows 11. These systems use their color schemes permanently until you manually switch to another. Windows 11 doesn’t add any additional options that allow you to set a time to automatically turn on dark and light modes. However, you can use the Auto Dark Mode app to configure automatic switching between dark and light modes.
Although Windows 11 has an option to switch between light and dark modes, it is a manual process that requires several steps. Auto Dark Mode X is an open source app that lets you configure a schedule to automatically switch between light and dark modes. Additionally, there are exceptions in use to prevent switching if you are playing games or the battery is low. You can specify whether applications, including Microsoft Office, should follow the color or remain in their current design. Below are the steps to schedule auto dark mode in Windows 11.
How to Schedule Dark Mode in Windows 11
Download and install Auto Dark Mod X
- Auto Dark Mod X can be downloaded for free from GitHub. Go to the software’s GitHub page and download the latest version available under the Assets section.
- You can also choose to download Auto Dark Mode from the Microsoft Store. Search for the app and download it from developer Armin Ozaj. Click Install button Download Auto Dark Mode on your Windows 11 PC.
- If you’re using the GitHub route, you’ll need to double-click the EXE file to view the classic installation wizard. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process. As you might expect, this mostly involves clicking ‘Next’. button.
- After installing the app, you will be taken to the Auto Dark Mode app home page, you can find options for scheduling dark mode in Windows 11.
Set a custom time to enable dark mode in Windows 11
- If you want to define custom start and end time for light and dark themes, you need this app. Select ‘Set Custom Time’ from the app home page (Time Settings page), then you can configure the time according to your preference.
- To change the default start and end times, click the time picker to choose a time that works best for you and press the checkmark icon to save the changes. No need to click any ‘Done’ or ‘Apply’ buttons as the changes are done automatically.
Auto Dark Mode based on sunrise and sunset in Windows 11
If you’re a fan of using dark mode after sunset, you can do that too with this nifty app on Windows 11. Follow the steps below:
- Select ‘Sunset to Sunrise’ and you’re set. Note that you need to allow location permission for the app to find the sunset and sunrise times of your city.
- If the exact sunset and sunrise times are a little early or late for your taste, you can choose to offset them, which is a neat addition from a user’s perspective. Under the Offset section, enter the minutes you want to trigger the theme sooner or later than the default sunrise/sunset time and click ‘Set’ to apply the values.
- If you don’t plan to allow location access, you can choose to manually enter geographic coordinates to enable the app to estimate sunrise/sunset times. All you have to do is switch to ‘Sunset to Sunrise (geographical coordinates)’ and enter the coordinates (latitude and longitude).
Set app behavior when changing Windows 11 theme
Auto Dark Mode X Apps also lets you set theme preferences for your apps and system settings individually. This means you can choose whether apps installed on your Windows 11 PC always use a dark theme, a dark theme, or a scheduled light/dark theme switch. Learn how feature Here works:
- Switch to the ‘Applications’ section from the left sidebar and select the appropriate theme mode from the drop-down list.
- As you can see below, you have the option to set your preferred theme mode for Microsoft Office versions 2013-19.
We hope you like our article how to Schedule Dark Mode in Windows 11 When it comes to the amount of time the average person spends looking at screens, light and dark modes are extremely important. Windows 11 recently became the first Windows operating system to ship with Dark Mode, which has since been used by users around the world. Windows 11’s dark mode, while not perfect, helps reduce eye strain, especially in dark environments.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Schedule Dark Mode on Windows 11 ; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Schedule Dark Mode on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Schedule Dark Mode on Windows 11 , which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Schedule Dark Mode on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide How to Schedule Dark Mode on Windows 11 . In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Schedule #Dark #Mode #Windows