This article is about How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04. There is a free and easy-to-use alternative to Microsoft Office called WPS Office Suite from Kingsoft that caters to users’ need to handle popular document formats for a very long time. WPS Writer, Presentation, Spreadsheet and PDF are the main tools of this office suite. WPS Office is provided free of charge in the basic version. Full compatibility with Microsoft Office, PDF support, encryption and advanced tools you can only get when you pay for the software. How WPS Office differs from the paid premium version can be found on its developer’s home page.
“WPS Office” also offers cloud functionality, for which you can sign up for free with a Google, Twitter or Facebook account. Documents from Writer word processor, spreadsheets and presentation software can be stored online and retrieved on any device. The “Document Roaming” function also provides access to older versions of your documents.
For Linux users, WPS Office is available for free through the Community Program. WPS Office is fully compatible with MS Office and more, and supports .doc, .docx, .dotx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .docm, .dotm, .xml, .txt, .html, . rtf (and others), as well as its own format. It also includes Microsoft fonts by default on Linux (to ensure compatibility), can export PDFs, and offers spell checking in over 10 languages. Below are the steps to install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04.
Ways to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04
Using Ubuntu software
- Open Ubuntu Software from the Applications menu. Once the Ubuntu software is loaded, click Search.
- Type “WPS Office” in the search bar.
- Click on WPS Office 2019-All Languages-No Internet to load the next screen.
- Click Install Now.
- When prompted for authentication, enter your password and press Enter.
- Wait for the installation to complete
Using the DEB package
- Download the latest Deb Package form from WPS Office Download page and click on Deb Package.
- Save the file to a directory of your choice. I leave Downloads as my default location.
- You can grab the file using wget commands. First, update the system packages:
- Install wget if not already installed.
- Download and save the file under Downloads directory.
- wget -P ~/Downloads
- From Files, locate the folder where you saved the deb package. Rename the package you downloaded by pressing F2, enter the desired name and press ENTER.
- We have renamed the file wpsoffice_installer.deb
Using the APT command
- Open a terminal and run the command:
- sudo apt install ~/Downloads/wpsoffice_installer.deb
- Read and accept the license agreement.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04 WPS Office is a cross-platform office productivity suite. It is lightweight and fully compatible with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Sheets, Slide and Adobe PDF. For many users, WPS Office feels intuitive and powerful enough to meet their needs. It has gained popularity due to its closeness to Microsoft Office both in appearance and compatibility. WPS Office is developed by China-based Kingsoft Corporation. For Windows users, there are free and premium versions of WPS Office. If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04
I hope you like the guide How to Install WPS Office on Ubuntu 22.04. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Install #WPS #Office #Ubuntu