In this article we will talk how to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player. VMware Workstation Player, formerly VMware Player, is a virtualization software suite for x64 computers running Microsoft Windows or Linux, provided free of charge by VMware, Inc., a division of Dell EMC whose major partner is still Dell EMC. . VMware Player can run existing virtual applications and create its own virtual machines that require an operating system to be installed to work. It uses the same virtualization center features as VMware Workstation, but it is not free.
Windows 11 features Major UI and under-the-hood changes. Changes include a new start menu, a redesigned taskbar, and Android app support. The platform is available as a free update for Windows 10 users. Virtual Machine software is an easy solution to try Windows 11 without updating your PC. A Windows 11 virtual machine allows you to experience the operating system without affecting the existing operating system installation. Below are the steps to install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player.
How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player
Create a new virtual machine
The goal of this section is to create a new Windows 11 VM. Here are the steps for it:
- Launch VMWare Workstation Player and click Create a New Virtual Machine.
- Select the installer disc image file (iso) option.
- Click Browse and locate your Windows 11 ISO file and press Next.
- Under Guest Operating System, select Microsoft Windows.
- Under Version, select Windows 10 and later x64 or Windows 11 if available.
- Name the virtual machine and select a location to save the VM file using the browse option.
- Name the virtual machine
- Select UEFI, enable Secure Boot, and press Next.
- Leave the app configuration as default and press Next.
- Select 4 GB or more memory allocation and press Next.
- Leave the Network, I/O Controller, and Disk Type options at their defaults and press Next on all those screens.
- Allocate 64 GB or more disk capacity for the VM and press Next.
- Review the VM settings and click Finish if they are good.
Set up VM configurations
For Windows 10, the steps so far should be sufficient. But as mentioned, Windows 11 has some steep system requirements. So, you need to change some configuration to match the required specifications. Here are the steps for it:
- Select the VM from the left and click Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
- Switch to the Options tab and select Access Control > Encryption.
- Set a password for the VM and press Encrypt.
- Go to Hardware tab and press Add.
- Select Trusted Platform Module (TPM) and press Finish > OK.
Install Windows 11 on the VM
Now the VM is setup up All that remains is to install Windows 11 with all the required specifications. The process is similar to installing an OS. Here are the steps for it:
- Click Power on this virtual machine.
- In the installation wizard, select the language and other options.
- Click Install Now, select I don’t have a product key, and press Next.
- Select the version of Windows 11 you want to install and press Next.
- Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms and select Next.
- Custom: Choose the Install Windows only (advanced) option.
- Either create new partitions to use the full allocated space or continue without.
- Configure the country, keyboard layout, device name and remaining options as appropriate.
We hope you like our article on installing Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player. VMware Player is available for personal, non-commercial use or for redistribution or other use under written agreement. VMware, Inc. The player does not provide official support, but has an active community website and knowledge base for discussing and resolving issues.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player
I hope you like the guide How to Install Windows 11 on VMware Workstation Player. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Install #Windows #VMware #Workstation #Player