This article is about how to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer in Windows. Want to hide a drive or partition from prying eyes? This is a simple way to hide a drive in Windows using the Disk Management tool or Command Prompt. When you create a recent drive or partition in Windows, it automatically appears in File Explorer. Each drive has its own drive letter to uniquely identify it. For example, the Windows installation drive has “C” as the drive letter. From there, any application or user on your computer can see and access that drive, as long as they have the necessary permissions.
Generally, this is a good thing because you or other users of your computer don’t have to do anything extra to access the drive. As long as you have the proper permissions, any user can access, modify, or delete any file or folder. However, there may be situations where you need to hide a drive in Windows. For example, prevent playing with your files on a specific drive, make the drive harder to find, and hide the system-assigned partition. The good thing is that the simple trick is to hide any drive or partition in Windows with just a few clicks or two commands.
Generally, this is good because you or other users on your computer don’t have to do anything extra to access the drive. Any user can access, modify, or delete files or folders as long as they have the appropriate permissions. Below we have mentioned the steps to hide drive and partition in File Explorer in Windows 11/10.
How to Hide the drive and partition in File Explorer on a Windows PC
Using the Registry Editor
- Open Registry Editor.
- To launch the Registry Editor window, press and hold the Windows logo key, then press the R key on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box. Type regedit in the Run box and press Enter from the keyboard to access the Registry Editor.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to or browse to the following key from the left side pane:-
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESSoftware Microsoft Windows Current Version Policies Explorer
- If the Explorer key does not exist on your computer, right-click the Policies key, select New, and then select Key. Name the newly created key Explorer.
- Now, right-click on the Explorer key, select New, and select DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it NoDrive.
- Now, double click on NoDrives and select Decimal Radio button. Finally, enter the correct number in the value data field to cover the desired partition. For example, if you want to hide drive “D”, type “8” in the Value data field.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer in Windows 11/10. Hiding drives or partitions to prevent data loss or accidental deletion is a hot topic for many users. So, in this article, we will show you 5 coping strategies to hide drives in Windows 10 including Disk Management, Third Party Freeware, Local Group Policy Editor, Registry and CMD. Each method is detailed in detail and provides steps to reverse the changes. Well, at least you can try without worrying.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer on Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer on Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer on Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer on Windows
I hope you like the guide How to Hide drive and partition in File Explorer on Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Hide #drive #partition #File #Explorer #Windows