This article is about how to Fix Borderlands 3 not starting on Windows. Borderlands 3 has received rave reviews since 2019. However, some players have reported technical issues with the game. Some Epic Games and Stream users have reported that Borderlands 3 won’t launch or crashes on startup when trying to play it. Borderlands 3 may display various error messages if it fails to launch. Sometimes it fails to start without showing any kind of error message. Here are some common potential fixes that can realistically fix Borderlands 3 launch issues on Windows 11/10.
If you are facing the same issue then follow this fix guide to solve the problem. In most scenarios, it is quite common that almost every PC game has its fair share of problems or bugs or even multiple bugs. While Borderlands 3 is no exception to this, many PC gamers have to deal with startup crashes or issues while launching the game. So it is always better to get to the bottom of the root cause and fix it completely. Below are the steps to fix Borderlands 3 not starting on Windows 11/10.
10 Ways to Fix Borderlands 3 Not Starting on Windows PC
Update Epic Games Launcher
If Borderlands 3 doesn’t load, the first thing you should do is check if Epic Games Launcher is updated. The launcher will automatically send you a notification when an update is released. However, if you don’t get the notification, try restarting Epic Games Launcher a few times and see if that fixes the problem.
Check integrity of game files
Corrupt Game Files Borderlands 3 will not launch if the game files are corrupted. So check and verify authenticity of game files, here’s how you can do it:
- Open the Epic Game Launcher and then look for the Library option. At the bottom right corner of Borderlands 3 you will find the Coke icon, click on it.
- Select Verify and be patient until the verification completes.
Act as an administrator
Borderlands 3 may not be able to access certain game files on your computer in normal user mode, which may stop the game from launching. Try running the game as an administrator and see if that fixes the problem.
- From your desktop, right-click the Epic Games Launcher icon and click Properties.
- Select the applicable tab and run this program as an administrator.
- Then click Apply and OK.
- Check the directory where you installed Borderlands 3 and run the .exe file as administrator.
- Check if Borderland 3 launches successfully from Epic Games Launcher.
Check for Windows updates
It doesn’t always work, but chances are that Borderland 3 won’t launch because you’re running an older version of Windows 10 on your PC. Check for new Windows 10 updates and see if that fixes the problem.
- Search for updates in the search box and click Check for Updates.
- If it shows ‘Updates available’, click Download and follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates.
- ‘It’s you’ on the screen up To date’, select Check for updates. Windows will search for new updates and automatically download and install new updates if found.
- Once the system is updated, shut down your PC and then start your PC and launch Borderland 3 to see if the problem is fixed.
Update device drivers
An outdated or corrupted device driver (most likely your graphics card driver) can be a reason why Borderlands 3 won’t launch. All you have to do is crash Borderlands 3. Update your graphics driver to the latest version to see if the issue is resolved.
Switch back to DX11 Switch to DX11 Switch back to DX11
You may have heard that running DX12 in Borderlands 3 will improve the game’s performance, however, if the game won’t load after switching to DX12 then set it back to DX11. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open these files on your computer
%USERPROFILE%DocumentsMy GamesBorderlands 3SavedConfigWindowsNoEditor
- Right-click on the GameUserSettings.ini file in WindowsNoEditor and select Edit in Notepad.
- Then scroll down to find the line to convert from PreferredGraphicsAPI and DX12 to DX11 and make sure to save the changes before closing the tab.
Temporarily disable security software
Antivirus software installed on your computer may be a reason why Borderlands 3 won’t start. Temporarily disable your antivirus software and check if this solves the problem. The reason third-party antivirus software refuses to allow you to launch Borderlands 3 is because the game uses a lot of memory and CPU usage, so it’s considered a threat to your computer.
If disabling your antivirus software helps you launch Borderland 3, add the game as an exception to your third-party antivirus application. (Contact the developers of your antivirus program guide If you don’t know you can do it through the process on their website how to do it).
Install the latest game patch
It’s no secret that Gearbox releases game patches regularly to fix software bugs and improve game performance. So, if Borderland 3 doesn’t start on your PC, the new update will fix this bug.
Check if the new patch is available, if so, download it, install it and check if it starts the game, if Borderland 3 still doesn’t start, try the next method to solve the problem.
Do a clean boot
There may be other software on your computer which stops many applications and games from launching. Do a clean boot and find out if there is any such software and uninstall them. Here’s how you can do a clean boot:
- Press and hold the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type MSConfig command and press Enter to open System Configuration.
- Select the Services tab, locate the Hide all Microsoft services box, and select Disable all.
- Click the Start tab and open Task Manager.
- Tick each startup item under the Startup tab and click Disable.
- Go back to System Configuration and select OK.
- Restart your computer and check if Borderland 3 launches successfully.
Run System File Checker
You might be facing the problem of Borderlands 3 not starting due to damaged or missing system files. Use Windows’ System File Checker tool to check for any file corruption and repair it to resolve the error. Follow these steps to do so
- Press and hold the Windows logo key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog box.
- Run command prompt as administrator by typing cmd command in Run box and pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- When asked for permission, click Yes.
- Type sfc /scannow in the command prompt window and press Enter. (there is space between SFC and /)
- Be patient until the computer scan completes. Windows will attempt to repair corrupted and missing files during the process.
- You will receive one of these messages when the verification is complete:
- Windows Resource Protection did not detect any integrity violations. (It means no task or corrupted files on your computer)
- Windows Resource Protection detected the corrupted files and repaired them successfully
If this still doesn’t fix the problem, go to the Microsoft support page to fix your problem with the file verification tool.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article How to Fix Borderlands 3 not starting on Windows 11/10. Borderlands 3 is an action role-playing video game developed by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games in 2019 under the First-Person Shooter genre. It is available on most popular platforms like Windows, PS4, Xbox One, Google Stadia and Macintosh. There are reports that Borderlands 3 won’t load or launch on a Windows PC. If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix Borderlands 3 Not launching on Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix Borderlands 3 Not launching on Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix Borderlands 3 Not launching on Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Fix Borderlands 3 Not launching on Windows
I hope you like the guide How to Fix Borderlands 3 Not launching on Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Fix #Borderlands #launching #Windows