This article is about how to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size. One of its main attractions is Windows’ ability to accommodate multiple levels of customization to match your preferred method of performing productivity tasks. Microsoft has been making small but visible changes to the task menu, widgets window, search field, and UI options because they know what their user base wants. You should feel comfortable with the amount of icons (or lack thereof) on your computer, because if you think about it, you’ll be looking at them a lot. The icons on your computer should be the correct size; They shouldn’t be so small that you can’t see them on your screen, or they shouldn’t be difficult to tap on when using a touchscreen, or so big that they take up too much space. Below are the steps to change Windows 11/10 desktop icon size.
How to Change Desktop Icon Size in Windows
The Desktop context menu has three resizing options for changing the size of the desktop icons. Admittedly, the three options don’t offer a huge amount of scope for resizing icons. However, you can change icon sizes via the desktop context menu as follows:
- Click anywhere on the desktop with your right mouse button bring it up A context menu.
- Select the Display submenu in the context menu.
- Select Large icons or Small icons option to change from medium size.
- You can also check out some other viewing options in that context menu submenu while you’re at it. Selecting the Auto Arrange option there will arrange them a bit better. The Align to grid option there aligns the icons on your desktop with an invisible grid.
- Apart from this, Windows 11’s context menu is lined with submenus that include additional icon options. There you can choose to sort the icons on the desktop by name, date, size and item type.
How to Resize icons with hotkeys
When resizing icons with context menu options, you may notice that those settings also have hotkeys. You can press those keyboard shortcuts to resize desktop icons. The three hotkeys for resizing icons are:
- Ctrl + Shift + 2: Switch to smaller icons
- Ctrl + Shift + 3: Switch to medium icons
- Ctrl + Shift + 4: Switch to larger icons
Go ahead and press any of those key combinations to expand or minimize your desktop’s icons. You need to press the serial number keys (not the numeric keypad) for those hotkeys to work. There is also a Ctrl + Shift + 1 hotkey for an extra large icon option that is not in the context menu.
How to Resize icons with the mouse scroll wheel
Resizing desktop icons with the methods above limits you to three or four size options. If you want a little more flexibility, try changing icon sizes with your mouse’s scroll wheel (assuming it has one). You can expand or collapse the icons on the desktop by rolling that scroll wheel up or below. To resize icons with the scroll wheel, select all the icons on your desktop with the mouse. Hold down the Ctrl key. Then roll the scroll wheel up Increase icon size. Scroll the scroll wheel down to make the icons smaller.
How to Change the size of the icons by choosing a different display resolution
Resolution is the number of pixels your computer’s monitor is configured to display. Icons are smaller at higher resolutions. Therefore, lowering the resolution setting will increase the size of the icons on your desktop. To change the size of your desktop’s icons in Windows 11, you can choose a different display resolution:
- Click Start on your Windows 11 taskbar. Then select the pinned Settings app from your Start menu.
- Next, select Display in the System tab of Settings.
- Click the Display Resolution drop-down menu to select a lower or higher res setting.
- Select the Keep Changes option on the prompt that appears.
How to Change the size of the icons by editing the registry
This is final The method involves examining the registry. Windows 11 has an IconSize DWORD in the registry that you can edit to resize the desktop’s icons. You can change the icon sizes by editing the registry like this:
- First, open the “Type here to search” text box by clicking on the Magnifying Glass toolbar. button For this.
- To find that utility, type registry editor in the search utility’s text box.
- Double-click Registry Editor to open its window.
- Next, open the HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsShellBags1Desktop key by entering it in the address bar at the top of the Registry Editor. Or you can click the keys to the registry location in the navigation bar.
- Double-click the IconSize DWORD to open the Value window.
- Select Decimal Radio button.
- Enter a number greater or less than the current value in the text box. A value of 256 is extra large, so you don’t need to enter a number higher than that.
- Press the OK button and close the Registry Editor window.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Change Windows 11/10 desktop icon size.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size
I hope you like the guide How to Change Windows 11 Desktop Icon Size. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Change #Windows #Desktop #Icon #Size