In this article we will talk how to Block apps from accessing the Internet in Windows 11. Firewalls play an important role in protecting computers and networks, but they can also be used to restrict application access to the Internet. Windows Defender Firewall is a powerful security program pre-installed in Windows 11. With Windows Defender Firewall you can easily deny a program access to the Internet. Most applications and programs in Windows require an active Internet connection to function properly.
Windows Defender Firewall is a powerful security application that comes pre-installed in Windows 11. With Windows Defender Firewall, you can easily block a program from accessing the Internet. Whatever your reasons for blocking an app from accessing the internet, we’ve got you covered. Below are the steps to block apps from accessing the internet in Windows 11.
How to Block apps from accessing the Internet in Windows 11
- On your Windows computer, open the Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- In the search bar in Control Panel, search for “Windows Defender Firewall” and click the first search result.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” in the left pane of the Control Panel.
- Click Outbound Rules. Here you can restrict internet access for a specific application.
- Under the Actions group on the right side of the window, click New Rule.
- Click on the program and press Next.
- Type the path where your program is installed or find it through the browse option. The application path is usually in the form C:Program Filesapplication.exe or C:Program Files(x86)application.exe, where ‘application’ is the name of the program you want to block from accessing the Internet.
- In the Actions window, select Block Connection. Press Next.
- Select when your blocking rules apply to the program. Select all three options to completely disconnect Internet access.
- Give the new rule you created a name. In this example, I’ve created a rule to block internet connection with Mozilla Firefox, so I’ve named the rule “Block Firefox”. You can choose any name you like.
- Click Finish and your rule will be executed. You should now see the new rule you created under Outbound Rules.
I hope you have understood this article how to Block apps from accessing the Internet in Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask questions about this article via the contact forum. If your answer is yes, please support us by sharing this article with your friends and family.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the How to Block apps from Accessing Internet in Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Block apps from Accessing Internet in Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Block apps from Accessing Internet in Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about How to Block apps from Accessing Internet in Windows 11
I hope you like the guide How to Block apps from Accessing Internet in Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Block #apps #Accessing #Internet #Windows