This article is about how to Bring back the old Start Menu in Windows. Windows 11 Start menu looks very different from the menu in Windows 10. As you can see, pinned items are listed at the top, while others are accessible via all apps. button. Recommended and recent items are in the bottom half. power button Puts your computer to sleep or shuts down or restarts.
After the registry changes described below, the classic start menu will be restored. It works almost like the Windows 10 Start menu, where recently added items are on the left and pinned apps are on the right. power button Classic is on the left side of the menu, and unlike Windows 10, links to Settings, Documents, Pictures, etc. aren’t in the left pane, unless you change the settings. Below we have mentioned the steps to get back the old start menu in Windows 11/10.
How to Bring back the old Start Menu in Windows
Remove and resize the Start menu to look like a classic Start menu
- Open the current Start menu by pressing the Windows logo key or clicking Start button.
- The app tiles show up On the right side of the start menu. You can make the Start menu look like Classic Start by removing the tiles and resizing the Start menu. Doing so will make the Windows 10 Start Menu look like the classic one.
- Once all the tiles are removed, the start menu will automatically become smaller. Otherwise, if the right side of the Start menu is empty, place the mouse cursor on the edge of the Start menu and click and hold, then move the Start menu to the left to make it smaller.
- The start menu should now look like the classic start menu.
The best part about this start menu is that you don’t use any third-party software. In addition, you can continue to use the built-in search, compared to the original Classic Start menu provided by the Classic Shell program.
Use Classic Shell to launch Classic Start Menu in Windows 10
As mentioned earlier, there are several programs to enable the classic Start Menu in Windows 10. One of them is the most popular classic shell. It’s free and brings the original classic Start Menu to Windows 10.
The only downside of this plan is that it hasn’t been updated in over three years and won’t get any updates in the near future. Development of the program was halted in 2017. It continues to work well with the current version of Windows 10, ie 2004 here how to Use Classic Shell to get Classic Start Menu in Windows 10.
- Get Classic Shell from this official page. Run the setup file to start the installation.
- The classic shell installs other classics features Explorer with Start Menu, Internet Explorer etc. If you don’t want them and are only interested in the Start menu, when you get the following screen, click the drive icon next to the Classic Explorer and Classic IE entries and select Complete feature Will be an unavailable option.
- Click the Next button and click the Install button to complete the installation.
- Once the program is installed, you will see the following window. Select the Classic style option and click OK button.
We hope you will understand and like this article how to Get back the old Start Menu in Windows 11/10. Windows continues to evolve and improve its technology to meet the evolving needs of the market. While this creates a better user experience, a menu that allows you to navigate through different software is also essential. Enabling the Classic Start Menu on a Windows 11/10 device can help you get the most out of your PC. If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Get Back Old Start Menu in Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand Get Back Old Start Menu in Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Get Back Old Start Menu in Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Get Back Old Start Menu in Windows
I hope you like the guide Get Back Old Start Menu in Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Start #Menu #Windows