This article is about how to Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue in Windows. The Antimalware Service Executable is a legitimate Windows service, not a virus or malware that can harm a computer. If you notice high Antimalware Service Executable Disk usage in Windows 11/10, you are not alone. Many Windows users are experiencing high memory issues with Antimalware Service Executable. In this blog, you will learn all about Antimalware Service Executable and how to Fix Antimalware Service Runtime High CPU issue. Besides, at the end of this article, we recommend a free partition manager tool that helps you easily create, resize, clone, move, merge and format partitions to improve system performance.
If you’re using Windows Defender and have noticed unusually high CPU usage for long periods of time, you’ll be happy to hear that the problem can be easily fixed. In this article, we have put together some simple steps you can follow to prevent the antimalware service from running system resources and keeping your computer running smoothly. Below we have mentioned the steps to fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory issue in Windows 11/10.
How to Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue in Windows
Disable real-time protection
- High CPU, RAM and disk usage Antimalware service running is usually caused by real-time protection feature In Windows Security.
- Select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security in the left pane. In the right pane, scroll down and click Virus & Threat Protection.
- On the next screen, scroll down and click on the Manage Settings option located under “Virus & Threat Protection Settings”.
- On the next screen, disable real-time protection.
Disable scheduled tasks
- Disabling Windows Defender scheduled tasks is another way to reduce Antimalware activity on your computer.
- Open Task Scheduler on your computer.
- In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. In the right pane, disable all 4 Windows Defender tasks.
- Once you disable these tasks, high CPU usage and other problems caused by Antimalware will go away.
Install another antivirus program
- Windows Defender automatically disables itself whenever Norton or any other third-party antivirus program is installed on the computer.
- Once Windows Defender is disabled, you won’t notice the Antimalware service consuming resources on your computer.
Disable Windows Defender permanently in Windows 10
- If you don’t want to use Microsoft Defender, you can permanently disable Windows Defender on your computer using the registry.
- Before making any registry edits to your computer, creating a system restore point is a good safety precaution.
- Open the Run command > type Regedit in the search box and click OK.
- On the Registry Editor screen, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREPoliciesMicrosoftWindows Defender > Double-click DisableAntiSpyware and change its value data from 0 to 1.
- This will permanently disable Windows Defender on your computer.
- If you can’t find the DisableAntiSpyware DWORD, right-click an empty area in the right pane > select New and click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name the new key DisableAntiSpyware > enter 1 in the Value data field.
We hope you understand and enjoy this article on Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue in Windows 11/10. The Antimalware Service executable plays an important role in the Windows Defender service that ships with Windows 10. However, it’s notorious for using more than its fair share of CPU power, and can even single-handedly slow your computer down to crawling on a glacier. . If you liked this article, please share it with your family and friends.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue on Windows; please read all steps above so that you understand Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue on Windows in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue on Windows, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue on Windows
I hope you like the guide Fix Antimalware Service Executable Hogging Memory Issue on Windows. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Fix #Antimalware #Service #Executable #Hogging #Memory #Issue #Windows