This article is about how to Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox. Windows Sandbox is a sandbox environment built for Microsoft Windows version 1903 and later that allows your applications to run securely in isolated, lightweight desktop environments. When you install software in Windows Sandbox, Windows runs applications in an isolated virtual machine that blocks threats from affecting the rest of the environment. This ensures that software components run separately from the host and that any software installed on the host cannot be inherited by the sandbox environment. Any software required in the sandbox must be installed directly into the environment.
Windows Sandbox features Version 1903 and later Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions are for your information only. Minimum 4 GB RAM, 1 GB hard disk space and virtualization features Windows Sandbox must be enabled in the BIOS to run feature. Refer to the system manual or contact the motherboard and processor manufacturer to verify that your system supports virtualization. Below, we have mentioned the steps to enable/disable Windows 11/10 sandbox.
How to Enable/Disable Sandbox in Windows 11
Run Sandbox Windows 11 in Command Prompt
Additionally, you can use another command tool – Command Prompt to run Sandbox in Windows 11. guide Below:
- Start Command Prompt (CMD) in Windows 11 with administrator privileges.
- Type dism /online /run-Feature /FeatureName:”Containers-DisposableClientVM” -All in the CMD window and press Enter to run Windows Sandbox.
- If you need to disable the sandbox, use this command – Dism / online / Disable-Feature /FeatureName:”Containers-DisposableClientVM” and press Enter.
Run Sandboxed Windows 11 via PowerShell
You can also follow these steps below to run the sandbox using PowerShell.
- Right-click on the Start icon and select Windows PowerShell (Admin) to run this command tool with administrator rights.
- To enable the sandbox, type Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName “Containers-DisposableClientVM” –All and press Enter. To disable Sandbox Windows 11, type Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName “Containers-DisposableClientVM” -Online and press Enter.
Enable Windows 11 Sandbox in Settings via Windows Features
- To get the Run dialog, press Win + R keys on the keyboard, type exe in the text box, and press Enter to open Windows. Features interface. Alternatively, you can search for Turn Windows features Turn on or off in the search box and click Result to open Windows Features.
- Find Windows Sandbox and tick its box feature Click OK.
- Click Restart Now to finish installing the requested change.
- To disable Windows Sandbox in Windows 11, uncheck the Windows Sandbox – option in Windows Features the window
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Enable/Disable Sandbox in Windows Windows Sandbox provides a lightweight desktop environment. Software installed in a Windows sandbox environment is “sandboxed” and runs separately from the host computer.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox; please read all steps above so that you understand Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox
I hope you like the guide Enable/Disable Windows 11 Sandbox. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#EnableDisable #Windows #Sandbox