In this article we will talk Disable Touchpad in Windows 11. If you touch the touchpad with your palm while typing about, it will click on the screen. Other words, this option can be confusing when you are working on an important project for your school, college or office. Or let’s say you’ve always used an external mouse and don’t want to use a touchpad any time soon. If so, tap to click can be disabled feature In Windows 11.
I wonder how to Touchpad Disable touchpad in Windows 11 laptop While helpful and preferred by some users over a mouse, it can also get in the way because it’s located closer to the keyboard. So, if you are tired of accidentally tapping something or moving the cursor with your palm while typing in Windows 11, it is better to disable the touchpad. Below are the steps to disable touchpad in Windows 11.
How to Disable Touchpad in Windows 11
Using Windows Settings
- Open Windows Settings from the Start menu.
- Click on the “Bluetooth and Devices” option in the left sidebar and select the “Touchpad” option.
- Change “Touchpad”. button.
Using the Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on the “Hardware and Sound” option.
- Select the “Mouse” option under the Devices and Printers option.
- The Touchpad Properties panel appears. Uncheck the “Enable Touchpad” option and hit “Apply”. button.
Using Device Manager
- Open Device Manager from the Start Menu.
- Expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” option, right-click on the driver of the touchpad installed on your computer hardware, and click on the “Disable Device” option.
Using the Registry Editor
- From the Start menu, type Registry Editor to open it.
- Follow the path below:
- ComputerHKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows Current Version Precision Touchpad Status.
- Double click on “Enabled” key and set its hexadecimal value data from 1 to 0 and press “OK” button.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect. The next time you log in, the mouse trackpad will be disabled.
Using keyboard shortcuts
- Look for the touchpad button In the Function Keys section of the keyboard.
- To disable the touchpad, press the corresponding key combination (Fn+F6, Fn+F8, etc.).
Using touchpad blockers
- Download and install Touchpad Blocker from the official website.
- Run the app, check the “Enable/Disable Touchpad” option and press “Ctrl + Alt + F9” key to turn touchpad on and off.
We hope you like our article on Turnoff Touchpad in Windows 11, Touchpad in your Windows 11 laptop Your hands might get in the way when you swipe over it while typing, or you might not want to activate it while you’re using it laptop With a mouse.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Disable Touchpad on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Disable Touchpad on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Disable Touchpad on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Disable Touchpad on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Disable Touchpad on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Disable #Touchpad #Windows