This article is about how to Customize taskbar orientation in Windows 11. One of the major changes that came with the advent of Windows 11 is the centralized startup button On the bold taskbar. This was undoubtedly an essential step towards modernizing the user interface, but it had its drawbacks.
For starters, for the first time in Windows history, the taskbar was locked to the bottom of the screen, which many power users hated, meaning video editors moved their taskbar to the right or left side of the screen. Maximize their vertical screen real estate. Below, we have mentioned the steps to customize taskbar orientation in Windows 11/10.
How to Customize taskbar orientation in Windows
How to Move your taskbar to the top in Windows 11
- Open Regedit. You can get there by typing “regedit” in the Run menu (Windows + R) or by searching for “regedit”. When asked to confirm, say yes.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerStuckRects3.
- Open the Settings key for editing by double-clicking on it.
- Change the fifth value in the second row from “03” to “01”. This can be done by deleting 03 and then typing 01. Click OK.
- If you use multiple monitors and want the taskbars on those screens to be on top, you need to change all the registry keys to the same values as 01
- HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerMMStuckRects3 folder. If you don’t have multiple monitors, this folder won’t exist.
- Close regedit.
- Boot into the command prompt in administrative mode. You can do this by searching for “cmd”, right-clicking on the top end and selecting “Run as administrator”. Click Yes when prompted to confirm.
- Stop the Explorer.exe process, type taskkill /f /im explorer.exe and press Enter followed by explorer.exe.
How to Align the taskbar icons to the left
- Right-click on the taskbar and select Taskbar Settings.
- Expand Taskbar Behaviors by clicking on it.
- Select Left from Taskbar Alignment.
- Now the icons should be on the left.
We hope you will understand and enjoy this article how to Customize Taskbar Orientation in Windows 11/10 The taskbar is the entry point for programs that appear on the desktop, even when the program is minimized. Such programs are said to be on the desktop. The taskbar allows users to view and quickly switch between open primary windows and some secondary windows on the desktop.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Customize the Orientation Taskbar on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Customize the Orientation Taskbar on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Customize the Orientation Taskbar on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Customize the Orientation Taskbar on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Customize the Orientation Taskbar on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Customize #Orientation #Taskbar #Windows