In this article we will talk how to Create a Safely Remove Hardware shortcut in Windows 11. If you frequently use USB devices such as USB flash drives or external USB hard drives, you may be familiar with the Safely Remove Hardware icon on the taskbar. As a result the data on the USB drive may become “bad”. Data corruption means that the information you copied to the USB device is not written properly and may be unusable if accessed later.
When external drives are removed, the Windows system has a mechanism to safely remove the hardware to prevent data corruption. This procedure instructs the system to delay unmounting the file system until all processes using it have finished, and prevents all further read/write operations. Below are the steps to safely remove hardware shortcut in Windows 11.
How to Create a Safely Remove Hardware shortcut in Windows 11
- Go to your desktop, right-click anywhere on the black space and select New > Shortcut.
- This will open a new dialog box, enter this RunDLL command –
- %windir%System32rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
- Click Next button.
- Give your shortcut a name, say Safely Remove Hardware, and click Finish.
- Then you will get a shortcut on your desktop.
- Now go to shortcut, right click and open properties.
- Go to the Shortcuts tab and click on Shortcut Key -No
- Press S on your keyboard and the command will automatically become CTRL+Alt+S.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Your shortcut to safely remove the hardware is now created.
- If you don’t want to add another shortcut to your desktop, there is an alternative way to safely remove the hardware via the taskbar settings.
I hope you have understood this article how to Create a shortcut to safely remove hardware in Windows 11. If your answer is no, you can ask anything about this article via contact forum section. If your answer is yes, please support us by sharing this article with your friends and family.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 11; please read all steps above so that you understand Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 11 in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 11, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 11
I hope you like the guide Create Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 11. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Create #Safely #Remove #Hardware #shortcut #Windows