In this article we will talk how to Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac. Windows and Mac computers use different types of disk image files. In the macOS environment, Apple uses TMG. Windows, on the other hand, uses ISO, which is also compatible with the Linux environment. However, the ISO also works on a Mac. Because of this compatibility, ISO files are more suitable than DMG, especially for software installation. This means converting DMG to ISO is inevitable. The first step to convert DMG to ISO online or offline is to understand both file types. The second step is knowing whether to convert DMG to ISO on Mac, Windows or online. All these information are clearly given below.
Apple Disk Image (TMG) is Apple’s proprietary compression format commonly used by Mac systems. It is similar to the EXE or ISO format used by Windows. The DMG format is used to create bootable MacOS disks and install applications. By default, Windows does not support the DMG format. Conversely, DMG can be converted to ISO, which can be used to create bootable media such as Windows USB drives and CD/DVDs. Below are the steps to convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac.
What is DMG and ISO?
DMG is an abbreviation of Disk Image File. It refers to a file format that creates a bootable disk image used on Mac computers. In simple terms, it is a digital form of a physical disk. A DMG file stores compressed software installation tools for Mac. So, when you download any Mac program online, the downloaded file is in DMG format. Basically, a program is usually downloaded from the software manufacturer’s site. When mounting the file, the creation of a virtual disk takes place, where you can copy the program to applications or run the installation script; Choosing between these two options depends on the type of installation. A DMG file consists of a raw block of data encoded in various encryption methods and compressed through several compression algorithms. If you want to protect the DMG file, you can always use a password.
DMG files can only be used on Mac computers and are therefore not compatible with Windows operating systems. If you want disk image files on your Windows computer, you should use ISO files, which use the International Organization for Standardization file format. ISO files are great for mounting disc image files on any Windows operating system, especially the latest Windows 8 and 10. Some people use them to practically emulate DVDs, CDs, or other disc drives. An ISO file also contains disk images of operating systems such as Linux that you can copy to a USB drive or burn to disk. It can also send Windows software installation files online. However, a binary package with the MSI installer is used to ship the files. Unlike DMG files, ISO files are compatible with Mac operating systems. On the other hand, ISO format is not features such as compression algorithms and encryption methods. Since ISO files are compatible with Mac and Windows, it is better to convert DMG to ISO.
How to Convert DMG to ISO in Windows
Once you understand what a DMG file is, how to Since you want to mount the DMG on your Windows PC, converting it to ISO is a valuable process to learn. The popular DMG format converter, dmg2img, is the best tool to get the job done. Below steps will help you how to Convert DMG to ISO on Windows using this tool.
- Get dmg2img and convert DMG to ISO. The first step is converting the DMG to ISO, downloading it to dmg2img, and installing it on your computer. Make sure to click on the win32 binary link during the download process. After it is acquired, locate it in the download folder and right-click on it. Select Extract-upAll from the options provided in the popup.
- Choose the best location for the extracted binary file. Here, you will be asked to select the most appropriate location for the extracted binary file. The download folder seems to be the best place.
- Enter the command syntax. To convert DMG to ISO Windows, hold down the Shift key and right-click on Downloads Library. A context menu will appear where you have to click on Open command window here option.
- Convert the DMG file by entering this command syntax: dmg2img
How to Convert DMG to ISO on Mac
Considering that Apple uses DMG as a native disc format, converting DMG to ISO Mac is very simple and free. There are two ways to convert TMG file to ISO Mac process. The most common method uses disk utility, while another involves using the command line. If you prefer the Disk Utility method, here are the steps to follow:
- Load the DMG file. Start by loading the DMG file by double-clicking it.
- Open Disk Utility. To open Disk Utility, first go to Applications and then select Disk Utility.
- Convert DMG to ISO. To convert DMG to ISO using Disk Utility, right-click on the DMG mount and proceed to choose Convert function from the list provided.
- Confirm the change. A dialog will open where you can click Image Format, choose DVD/CD Master, and select Save for DMG to ISO conversion confirmation.
- If you must rely on the command line method, use the following process to convert DMG to ISO on Mac.
- Open the terminal. To open Terminal, go to Applications and click on Terminal.
- Enter the relevant file paths.
- Enter the following file paths and press Enter function to confirm the operation.
Change hdiutil /path/to/example.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/to/example.iso
In this example, /path/to/example.dmg and /path/to/example.iso represent the paths of the files. Once done, your ISO file will be recognized as such. CDR extension. Proceed to rename the file as ISO.
How to Convert DMG to ISO online
process how to Converting DMG file to ISO file is not limited to above methods. So, you can convert DMG to ISO with Mac or Windows. As many websites offer such alternative services, you have to choose which one you use. The best DMG to ISO online converter is YouConvertIt.com, which focuses on providing the best quality conversion methods. Other converter websites offer a simple process, which unfortunately yields unsatisfactory results.
With YouConvertIt.com, you get the opportunity to use a complete conversion process that offers you the highest quality. This ensures that the converted file is identical to the original. This DMG to ISO online tool supports many formats including 3PG, JPG, BMP, ODP, AVI, DDS, DNG and TIFF. It does how to Converting TMG to such formats is very easy, especially for new users. Here is the process to convert DMG to ISO using DMG to ISO Converter Free Tool.
- Drag the specific DMG file or upload it to the location provided by clicking Select a file. This file should not exceed 100MB
- Convert in the lower left: Go to Actions and choose the target format, ISO, then click Convert in the lower right.
- After converting DMG to ISO, you will get a notification that the conversion process was successful. Click Download below to get the ISO file.
We hope you like our article on converting DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac. Mac operating systems use DMG files as the disk image format. It is mainly used to distribute MacOS related operating systems and applications. Opening DMG files in Windows OS is challenging.
About This Guide?
In this guide, we told you about the Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac; please read all steps above so that you understand Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac, which undoubtedly benefits you.
Share this article about Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac
I hope you like the guide Convert DMG to ISO on Windows and Mac. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.
#Convert #DMG #ISO #Windows #Mac