Table of Contents
How to Switch from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do with Ease
Wunderlist, a popular to-do list app, has been acquired by Microsoft and is being replaced by Microsoft To-Do. If you’re a Wunderlist user, you might be wondering how to switch to Microsoft To-Do. Luckily, the process is straightforward and easy. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to switch from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do with ease.
Steps to Switch from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do
1. Export your Wunderlist data: To export your Wunderlist data, go to Wunderlist’s website and log in to your account. Click on your profile picture and select “Account Settings.” Scroll down and click on “Export.” Select the lists you want to export and click on “Export.” Wunderlist will send you an email with a link to download your data.
2. Import your Wunderlist data to Microsoft To-Do: To import your Wunderlist data to Microsoft To-Do, open Microsoft To-Do and click on the three dots in the top right corner. Select “Settings” and then “Import.” Select the file you downloaded from Wunderlist and click on “Import.”
3. Organize your tasks in Microsoft To-Do: Once your Wunderlist data has been imported, you can start organizing your tasks in Microsoft To-Do. You can create new lists and add tasks to them. You can also add due dates, reminders, and notes to your tasks.
Features of Microsoft To-Do
Microsoft To-Do is a simple and intuitive to-do list app that helps you stay organized and focused. Here are some of its features:
– Lists: You can create multiple lists to organize your tasks by project, category, or priority.
– Tasks: You can add tasks to your lists and set due dates, reminders, and notes.
– My Day: You can plan your day by adding tasks to My Day, a special list that shows you what you need to do today.
– Smart suggestions: Microsoft To-Do suggests tasks that you might want to add to your lists based on your previous activity.
– Integration with Microsoft apps: Microsoft To-Do integrates with other Microsoft apps like Outlook, OneNote, and Teams.
Pros and Cons of Microsoft To-Do
– Simple and intuitive interface
– Multiple lists and smart suggestions help you stay organized
– Integration with other Microsoft apps
– Available on all platforms, including web, iOS, Android, and Windows
– Limited customization options
– No collaboration features
– No subtasks or recurring tasks
| Features | Wunderlist | Microsoft To-Do |
| — | — | — |
| Lists | Yes | Yes |
| Tasks | Yes | Yes |
| Due dates | Yes | Yes |
| Reminders | Yes | Yes |
| Notes | Yes | Yes |
| My Day | No | Yes |
| Smart suggestions | No | Yes |
| Integration with Microsoft apps | No | Yes |
| Available on all platforms | Yes | Yes |
| Customization options | Yes | Limited |
| Collaboration features | Yes | No |
| Subtasks | Yes | No |
| Recurring tasks | Yes | No |
Q: Can I still use Wunderlist?
A: Yes, you can continue using Wunderlist until it’s shut down. However, we recommend switching to Microsoft To-Do as soon as possible to avoid losing your data.
Q: Is Microsoft To-Do free?
A: Yes, Microsoft To-Do is free to use.
Q: Can I import my Wunderlist data to other to-do list apps?
A: It depends on the app. Some to-do list apps, like Todoist and Any.do, offer Wunderlist import options.
Switching from Wunderlist to Microsoft To-Do is a simple and easy process. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily import your Wunderlist data to Microsoft To-Do and start using its features to stay organized and focused. While Microsoft To-Do has some limitations compared to Wunderlist, it’s a great option for users who want a simple and intuitive to-do list app that integrates with other Microsoft apps.