Hello Geeky, so today we are focusing on How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. So please read this tutorial carefully so you may comprehend it in a better helpful way.
Guide: How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
Is your Drive One waiting for synchronization forever? Did you not remove the pending One Drive file synchronization message? If you are using OneDrive as your primary storage device, this can be a problem. Occasional synergies can affect your productivity. In this post, we will discuss different ways to fix One Drive synchronization issue and make the synchronization process easier.
One Drive was first launched by Microsoft in August 2007. It allows users to store personal files and data in the cloud. Files and synchronization files can be shared between Windows and MacOS. And we can also export Microsoft Office documents directly to One Drive.
OneDrive Sync is pending or stuck on what to do
Stop & Restart synchronization
Stop file synchronization, pause for a while and then restart. It can help if there is a temporary technical flaw.
Do Not Use Follow-Up Guidelines
Are your files stored in a custom directory with multiple subfolders? Move your files to the root folder and try to sync them again.
Check File Names
Unsupported characters in your file name may cause the OneDrive synchronization process to end indefinitely. Make sure you do not use any unsupported characters, symbols in file names. The length of your file name should not be too long.
Finish & Reopen OneDrive
Pending OneDrive synchronization does not necessarily mean a system issue. It may be a short term issue as well. To resolve any issues temporarily, simply log out and open the OneDrive.
- Click Show hidden icons on your Task Notification Area.
- Right-click the OneDrive icon and select Help & Settings.
- Select the Delete oneDrive option.
Delete Other Applications
Do you run multiple applications simultaneously? Apart from connection speed, another issue that can affect synchronization is conflicts between applications. Having multiple applications running at the same time is not recommended. Some materials may be hogging up your entire bandwidth, or they can use the files you are trying to synchronize. The file you are using is not synchronized. Turn off other applications running on your computer, including the instructions below. Click the top link in the Notification Area of your Taskbar. Right-click an application and select Exit.
Modify copy files
As a OneDrive user, you may already be sharing files on different devices. Years of using OneDrive can lead to many copy files with similar content. OneDrive may not be able to sync files if some copy files are in conflict. Scan your OneDrive repository and adjust any duplicates you find.
- Extract any files stored on OneDrive.
- Download and install Clone File Checker.
- Click Add button on the left.
- Select the OneDrive folder, and insert it.
- Set the Search Option to All Files.
- Hit Our Start and wait for the results to compile.
- Clone File Explorer offers two options:
- Auto Reset: Use this option to initiate a setup to automatically select the files you want. No need to review files on your part and save a lot of time.
- Review & Fix: Use this option to go through the list of all files.Use Select Duplicates button to mark files, and then delete or move them using Select Select button.
- Fast, automated scanning algorithm.
- 100% accurate results.
- File size, file type commands to adjust scan settings up to one’s question.
- Optional batch file selection is useful for user input.
- Auto-Fix setup guides it by choice & pure process.
- Backup file backup.
- CFC is fully customizable. You can add your own file extensions to skip to scan using the program settings.
Know up temporary files
Corruption of temporary files may be another reason. Know up temporary files, temporary application data on a computer where OneDrive is installed.
- Click Disk Clean Up in the search box on your service center.
- Open Disk Clean Up apparatus.
- Select system drivers (normally, drive C: )
- Click on OK.
- Clean Disk Up will start analyzing the selected partition for temporary files. Wait for a while.
- Once you have completed the analysis of your files, check-up everything except the Recycle Bin.
- Click on OK.
Turn off Sleep Mode
Windows sets your computer to automatically go to sleep mode when it is not working for a long time. Although this feature in your favorites, you may cause issues while syncing your files. OneDrive stops and interrupts the synchronization of your files if your computer goes to sleep mode during download / upload. Turning off sleep mode can help.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Head to Plan, and then Power & Sleep.
- In the Sleep category, you will find two drop-down boxes. Set your computer to not sleep in both drop-down boxes.
Turn off Metered Connection
File synchronization will occur if your computer is running on a meter connection. The meter connection establishes a data storage connection to prevent excessive cellular data usage. OneDrive stops automatic file synchronization when your connection type changes to a meter connection. Disconnect one meter from Windows 10:
- Click on Start.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Network & Internet.
- Go to the Wi-Fi tab.
- Select an active Wifi network connection.
- Move the switch “Set as metered link” to the left. Will play.
Shoes In Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode is a shoe feature disrupting third-party programs, background processes and services. Start your computer into safe mode to configure OneDrive synchronization pending.
- Click on Start.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Select Update & Security.
- Click the Recovery tab.
- Click on Restart Now under Advanced Start.
- Your computer will restart and prompt you to select a task. Select Troubleshooting.
- On the next screen, select Advanced Options.
- Select Startup Program, and then Restart.
- After your computer restarts, it will display different boot options. Press the F5 key to start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking.
Activate All Synchronized Files
Is your OneDrive account set up to sync everything in your account? Disable synchronization of all folders. Instead, synchronize the individual folders that you really need.
- Click the OneDrive icon on your desktop.
- Select Help & Settings.
- Click on the Account tab and select Select Folders.
- OneDrive will display a list of all the folders in your account. Remove all folders and check only those that need to be synchronized.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Guide about How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we told you about the How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC; please read all steps above so that you understand How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC in case if you need any assistance from us, then contact us.
How this tutorial or guide assisting you?
So in this guide, we discuss the How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC, which undoubtedly benefits you.
I hope you like the guide How to Fix ‘OneDrive Sync Is Pending or Stuck Error’ Issue in Windows 10 PC. In case if you have any queries regards this article/tutorial you may ask us. Also, please share your love by sharing this article with your friends and family.